The University of Miami Department of Teaching and Learning, consistently ranked among the top graduate programs in curriculum and instruction by Academic Analytics, is seeking qualified applicants for its Master of Science in Education (M. S. Ed.) degree with a concentration in Special Education.
This degree prepares individuals to work with students with disabilities in collaborative school environments. The course of study consists of 30-36 credits over six terms (one year that includes two summers). The program accommodates both working teachers and individuals seeking initial teacher certification in special education.
There is 70% scholarship opportunity sponsored by the School of Education and Human Development. The School makes these awards at the same time as final admissions decisions are made.
Qualifications for Consideration for Master of Science Program
In order to be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Application deadline is June 1st for fall admission.
How to Apply
Application Check List
- A completed application form at www.applyweb.com/miamigrd/index.html
- Pay non-refundable application fee of $85
- Submit Essay - (uploaded under "Statement of Purpose")
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit resume
Why are you interested in the Special Education program? How do your past experiences and current interests prepare you as a candidate for this degree?