Educational and Psychological Studies
Higher Education Leadership
While submission of GRE scores is required for admission to this program for Fall 2020, a holistic file review is provided for all applicants. Admitted students may have scores lower than the minimum because of higher weights given to personal goals, achievements, and professional experiences. Please note, however, that GRE scores will no longer be required by the program for Spring 2021 admissions.
Now accepting applications for fall 2020 cohort
Versatile Leader. Savvy Decision Maker. Creative Problem-Solver.
The University of Miami Executive Ed.D. prepares students for transformational leadership roles in colleges and universities, education-related organizations and public policy arenas while saving time, a precious commodity.
- The Higher Education Leadership Program is for working professionals with master’s degrees and offered in a low-residency format so careers are not interrupted.
- Course seminars and dissertation writing support are provided in face-to-face weekend meetings once a month for three years.
- New students are part of a cohort, a support system that enhances knowledge, camaraderie and community.
- Academic scholars and top higher education administrators who make up our faculty are well known for their expertise and personal attention to students.
- Doctor of Education dissertation research proposals are part of coursework to ensure feedback and progress from the start.
- A total of 60 credits beyond the master's degree are required to earn the Ed.D. Students enroll in courses year-around, and most can complete the doctorate in about 3½ years (11 consecutive semesters).
- Our practitioner-scholar program model combines theory and research with applications to practical problems in higher education.
- The data-driven decision-making of strategic enrollment management, and strong communication skills, are central to all we do in the program. EM is a unique aspect of our program that promotes the seamless integration of administrative responsibilities to efficiently and effectively meet institutional needs and promote student success.
- Ours is also the only EM-based program that focuses on predictive modeling.
- Students choose areas of interest and dissertation research topics that address issues confronting contemporary higher education.
- They emerge with the knowledge, skills, versatility, and creativity for solving problems, taking advantage of opportunities, and leading change in a range of educational settings.
Sandra Gross, EdD 2018
Dean, International Programs & Intercultural Education
Universidad Internacional del Ecuador
What I want to share is how helpful the EdD program has been, how the theories and research we learned really do inform practice and world view. They become internalized and part of the everyday and help illuminate ways forward. . . . I can perceive now what has happened, this developmental process and transformation, and I know that I am a high-level professional because of it.