Higher Education Administration
Student Life & DevelopmentCertificate
Sharpen Your Insight. Advance Your Career.
As higher education becomes ever more vital to social and economic achievement, there’s demand for versatile administrators skilled in working with students of diverse needs and backgrounds amid constant change. Our 12-credit-minimum certificate program in student life and development is for working professionals who have master’s degrees and seek career-enhancing insights, skills, and credentials. We focus on the college transition and adjustment and on college environment elements that enhance academic achievement, personal development and wellbeing. Students learn how college ultimately affects students on psychosocial, cognitive, moral and many other levels.
- Faculty are scholars and top administrators from the School of Education & Human Development and divisions of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Student Life & Development components we explore include:
- Student affairs
- Residential college programming
- Commuter student affairs
- Housing & dining
- Campus clubs & organizations
- Health center
- Counseling center
- Academic advising
- Academic resources (disability, tutoring)
- Student employment & career planning
- International student services
- Financial aid & scholarship
- A Student Life & Development core of 6 credits is required. You can select another 6 credits at minimum with faculty guidance to meet your specific career goals.
- An additional course or courses may be needed to attain the certificate, depending on experience and prior coursework.
- Students earning a master’s degree in our Higher Education Administration Program outside the SL&D track can also complete this certificate.
- AY 2021 SL&D Certificate Courses
- AY 2020 SL&D Certificate Courses
- AY 2019 SL&D Certificate Courses