JEWISH LEARNING MATTERS (JLM)
JLM is a dynamic, growing website supporting educators as they continually develop curricular materials and teaching strategies consistent with the skills and tools necessary for 21st-century learning. JewishLearningMatters.com includes a searchable bank of peer-reviewed resources, including lessons, songs, stories, projects, crafts, videos, and research-based strategies to extend and expand learning in Jewish thought, text, values, and history. This design encourages and enables users to connect, collaborate, and contribute in a digital world.
With a bank of over 2,000 resources, JewishLearningMatters.com has been accessed by over 120,000 users in academic and geographically diverse Jewish educational communities, locally, nationally, and globally. While there are websites that support Jewish education, the following benefits are unique to JLM:
- JLM’s database and advanced search functionality allow educators to quickly access a variety of resources in Jewish values, holidays, Hebrew Bible, history, prayer, customs, and traditions.
- Each resource is carefully evaluated for quality, accuracy, educational value, age appropriateness, focus, and ability to deliver education through a Jewish lens.
- JLM users can offer input to strengthen the resources, ask questions that guide them in implementing the resources, and modify and adapt resources for specific needs.
- The JLM database has become a central location for educators to access a wide variety of resources. Jewish organizations around the country are cross-linking and sharing content. It is clear that JLM is building a strong and meaningful reputation in the Jewish educational community.
- JLM has forged relationships with nationally recognized organizations including: JTeach.org; PJ Library; ADL, theicenter.org; G-dcast.com; ValuesandEthics.org; Jewish Women’s Archives; Keshet, MyJewishLearning.com; Jewish Partisans Educational Foundation; LearningToGive.org, with more being added regularly.
More information can be accessed at: jewishlearningmatters.com