Versatile Leader. Savvy Decision Maker. Creative Problem-Solver.
The University of Miami Executive Ed.D. prepares students for transformational leadership roles in colleges and universities, education-related organizations and public policy arenas while saving time, a precious commodity.
- The Higher Education Leadership Program is for working professionals with master’s degrees and offered in a low-residency format so careers are not interrupted.
- Course seminars and dissertation writing support are provided in face-to-face weekend meetings once a month for three years.
- New students are part of a cohort, a support system that enhances knowledge, camaraderie and community.
- Academic scholars and top higher education administrators who make up our faculty are well known for their expertise and personal attention to students.
- Doctor of Education dissertation research proposals are part of coursework to ensure feedback and progress from the start.
- A total of 60 credits beyond the master's degree are required to earn the Ed.D. Students enroll in courses year-around, and most can complete the doctorate in about 3½ years (11 consecutive semesters).
- Our practitioner-scholar program model combines theory and research with applications to practical problems in higher education.
- The data-driven decision-making of strategic enrollment management, and strong communication skills, are central to all we do in the program. EM is a unique aspect of our program that promotes the seamless integration of administrative responsibilities to efficiently and effectively meet institutional needs and promote student success.
- Ours is also the only EM-based program that focuses on predictive modeling.
- Students choose areas of interest and dissertation research topics that address issues confronting contemporary higher education.
- They emerge with the knowledge, skills, versatility, and creativity for solving problems, taking advantage of opportunities, and leading change in a range of educational settings.