Educational and Psychological Studies
Higher Education Administration
Be a Leader. Communicator. Collaborator.
Strategic enrollment management (EM) is an institution-wide approach that uses a wide-angle lens to understand the factors in students’ academic success, psychological development and personal wellbeing. While all our tracks are grounded in EM theory, research and teamwork – a key distinction from other programs – the EM track delves deeply into the administrative service components that when strategically managed work together to recruit and retain the right students for a particular institution.
- The University of Miami, a longtime national leader in EM, is a working laboratory for EM activities. Our EM program was first in the nation and is the only one to focus on predictive modeling.
- EM factors explored in class and in hands-on experiences include:
- College & university governance
- Recruitment & admissions
- Retention & graduation
- Academic advising & support
- Financial aid & scholarships
- Market & institutional research
- Student employment & career planning
- Records & registration
- Student accounts
- Housing and dining
- Alumni affairs
- Institutional advancement
- A faculty of scholars and administrators from the schools of Education & Human Development and Business Administration and divisions of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs lead our interdisciplinary curriculum.
- The EM track culminates in a capstone project practicum and comprehensive exams.
- M.S.Ed. Enrollment Management Track Fact Sheet
- M.S.Ed. Enrollment Management Track Courses (33 credits)
If you already have a master's degree, check out our Certificate in Enrollment Management